25 SEO TIPS
1. Choose Search Engine Friendly URL's - URL rewriting is an important aspect of search engine optimization. It becomes easier for the search engines as well as for the user to determine the contents of a web document if it has a relevant URL. Suppose, a web document displays varieties of birthday cakes then instead of having URLs like bc.html, ?id=78 etc. you must have a URL like birthday-cake.html.
2. Prepare Your Site for the Audience - Always keep the user in mind while designing and developing a site. If you are able to gather the love of the user then the search engines are bound to give importance to your site.
3. Have Descriptive Title and Meta Tags - Each and every web document must have unique title and meta tags containing the keywords which you want to rank for. Keep in mind, do not overuse the use of keywords.
4. Do Proper Keyword Research - Keyword research is an important element of a successful search engine optimization strategy. The success of a SEO plan depends on the kind of keywords you choose to promote your business. Make use of keyword determining tools like Google Keyword tool to finalize industry related keywords.
5. Add Fresh Content to Your Site Regularly - Since, the Panda update has been put into place, fresh content on the site has a tendency to boost up the search engine rankings. Hence, it is required to add quality, fresh and original content to make Google understand the importance of your site and to improve its crawl rate. This is one of the newest SEO tips but should not be overlooked.
6. Use Proper H1 Tags - The main content on your web document should be highlighted with the help of H1,H2 and H3 tags. These tags hold a special value with the search engines and content present inside these tags are valued highly.
7. Have Your Main Keyword in the Domain - If you are planning to launch a site with the motive of selling Pancakes then having the keyword Pancakes within your domain should help your site rank better. But make sure it should add a brand value to it and should not comprise only of keywords.
8. Use Internal Linking - Always link to inner pages within your content as this helps to properly pass on the link juice.
9. Use Anchor Text Diversity - While building backlinks to your site, follow a diverse anchor text pattern and use brand name as your anchor text.
10. Dominate as a Brand - Promote your site as a complete brand in SEO. Build backlinks using brand names as your keyword, create social profiles on popular social channels under your brand name.
11. Use Breadcrumbs - One of the best navigation structure which you can implement on your site is the use of breadcrumbs. There are plenty of WP plugins for this purpose - if you are using WordPress.
12. Prepare Sitemaps - Have both the versions of sitemaps on your site. Sitemap.html is created specifically for the users and sitemap.xml is created specifically for the search engines.
13. Add Social Sharing Widgets - Implement social sharing widgets for easy sharing of web content. This helps to share your content on popular social channels helping to popularize your content and get referral traffic as well.
14. Do Not Adopt Unnatural Link Building Practices - The days of building backlinks through the use of reciprocal linkbuilding, content spinning are gone. It is better not to adopt to unnatural link building practices and keep your site safe.
15. Analyze Your Competitors - Competitor analysis is another important step to make your site stand apart from your competitors. Make use of tools such as Alexa, Semrush, Opensiteexplorer to properly analyze the popularity and power of your competitors site.
16. Use Proper SEO Tools - SEO tools are SEO's best friend. He/she must possess a wide variety of specific functionality SEO tools to ease the work they are doing. A set of free SEO tools can be extremely useful.
17. Have High Quality Original Content - Content has been rightly said as the King of Web. Every user is looking for content while searching in the search engines so having quality and original content which answers the users query well is the kind of content which you must have in your web document.
18. Track Your Bounce Rate and Clickthrough Rate - Take the help of Google Webmasters Tools and Google Analytics Tools to correctly track and analyze the bounce rate and click through rate.
19. Analyze TF-IDF Score - TF-IDF score should be analyzed before SEO copywriting in order to defeat your competitors under the relevancy metric.
20. Create Your Brand's Presence On the Web - Create your company profile on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Ning, etc.
21. Use Local Sites for Increasing Local Relevancy - Local business listings have a lot of power to pass on local relevancy value. Use local web directories.
22. Prefer Local Keywords - While doing your keyword research focus on getting rankings on keywords locally relevant to your business.
23. Keep Outbound Links to Minimum - Keep outbound links from your site to a minimum and link only to quality and relevant sites. If you are adding text advertisements then add no follow attribute to all outbound links.
24. Take the Help of Press Release Sites to Promote Your Site - Press Releases are a great way to promote your website and get the publicity you are looking for.
25. Have a Blog - Create a blog for your site and add quality and fresh content on it regularly. Blogging for SEO can provide a lot of advantages.